First Presbyterian Church
Cuba, Missouri

701 N Main at Hickory Street
Cuba, Missouri 65453

E-mail us at:
cuba1st@fidnet.com


Morning Worship 11:00

First Presbyterian Church, Cuba, Missouri


Church Office: (573) 885-7293

 

Welcome to First Pres, Cuba!

First Presbyterian Church of Cuba, Missouri is the oldest church in the community, established in 1866. Our mission is to continue to provide in this twenty-first century a worshipful atmosphere for people of all ages and backgrounds as well as a Christian Education program that encourages and strengthens the faith journey of each participant. Our outreach programs give aid and comfort to the lonely, aged, infirm, and others less fortunate within our community. We strive to increase public awareness through involvement in the local ministerial alliance and civic organizations.

How to Find Us...

First Presbyterian Church is located at the corner of North Main and Hickory, one block south of the Cuba Post Office. From I-44 take Route 19 south to the traffic light at Washington. Turn right on Washington and go six blocks to Hickory. Turn left on Hickory. You'll see the back of the white frame church building on the right at the end of the block.

Our Past

First Presbyterian began meeting in 1865 in a home at the east end of what is now Kinder Cemetery. The church was organized in 1866. the original frame building was constructed in 1870 at the northwest corner of Smith and Monroe at a cost of $2100 and then sold to the church for $700. The church was incorporated at Crawford County, Missouri on November 11, 1897. The 1870 building was moved to Main at Hickory, the current location, in 1927. The original log floor joists are visible in the basement fellowship hall..

Our Future

First Presbyterian, Cuba is yoked with Trinity Chapel Presbyterian Church. Each congregation is self-governed, having their own Session and Worship services. The two churches may have joint activities from time to time.

Food and friendships at a church dinner in the fellowsip hall.