The Presbytery will be praying each week for our churches throughout the year. Praying for one another is a way to show that God’s love extends to each and everyone of us, and by doing so we demonstrate that we are a community of people who genuinely care for one another. Each congregation is an important part of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and we pray that God’s blessings be with all of them this day and everyday.
Prayers for Comfort
- Hurricanes Harvey and Irma – for those who lost their homes or businesses to these storms, and will need support in the months and years ahead.
- Kathy Landis and family in the sudden loss of Kathy’s brother.
For those under treatment for various health problems:
- Wally Diboll, Westminster, as he was diagnosed with Lymphoma and undergoes treatments.
- Rev. Bart Brenner, HR, as he deals with his treatments for prostate cancer.
- For Steve in his battle with cancer.
- For Jimmy in his battle with schizophrenia
- For Anita Taylor, who is the Director of the Delegations programs for CEPAD in Nicaragua and is having some pretty desperate health issues that are keeping her away from work.
- For Kerry Downing, Rev. Wendy Downing’s brother, who is beginning experimental cancer treatment in Houston.
Prayers for well being:
- For all the men and women serving in our military.
- For college students as they head back to school
- Prayers for Projects of the Presbytery:
- UKirk Campus Ministry and Reverend Miriam Foltz the pastor to UKirk.
- Caritas Presbyterian Fellowship and program director Tom McShane
- Our Partners in Plan Grande #2 Nicaragua: for wisdom and justice.
- Fellowships: Pendo Fellowship
- Partners for Just Trade as they continue their work with Peru and Fair Trade.
- Joining Hands Partners in Peru. Over 70 people have died and tens of thousands have been displaced due to flooding and mudslides.
- For Peace in Libya, Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan.
- Mound Ridge: as their journey continues in love in different directions.
Prayers for energy, strength, and peace
- For all of the servant ministries of our congregations
- For all the saints in that great cloud of witnesses watching us run the race that is laid out before us
- For Rev. Vanessa Hawkins, who is the Designated Presbytery Associate Leader, of Giddings-Lovejoy.