The Presbytery will be praying each week for our churches throughout the year. Praying for one another is a way to show that God’s love extends to each and everyone of us, and by doing so we demonstrate that we are a community of people who genuinely care for one another. Each congregation is an important part of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and we pray that God’s blessings be with all of them this day and everyday.
Prayers for Comfort
- Doniphan, Poplar Bluff, Dexter and Fisk Congregations and their communities as they battle the flood waters
- First Presbyterian, Perryville as they help rebuild their community from the EF-4 tornado
For those under treatment for various health problems:
- Wally Diboll, Westminster, as he was diagnosed with Lymphoma and undergoes treatments.
- Rev. Bart Brenner, HR, as he deals with his treatments for prostate cancer.
- Karen Gruber, Washington, as she continues to recover.
Prayers for well being:
- For all the men and women serving in our military.
- For college students as they approach testing/finals.
- Prayers for Projects of the Presbytery:
- UKirk Campus Ministry and Reverend Miriam Foltz the pastor to UKirk.
- Our Partners in Plan Grande #2 Nicaragua: for wisdom and justice.
- Fellowships: Pendo Fellowship
- Partners for Just Trade as they continue their work with Peru and Fair Trade.
- Joining Hands Partners in Peru. Over 70 people have died and tens of thousands have been displaced due to flooding and mudslides.
- For Peace in Libya, Iraq, Syria, and children and Afghanistan.
- New Church Developments: Caritas Presbyterian Fellowship and program director Tom McShane
- Mound Ridge: as their journey continues in love in different directions.