Join Us on the Road to Reconciliation
October 18th – 21st 2019
“All this is from God, who reconciled us to Godself through Christ and has given us the ministry of reconciliation.” 2 Corinthians 5:18
$425 Transportation, lodging & breakfast · Financial aid is available.
Read complete details below
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS AUGUST 1, 2019
The National Memorial, opened in 2018, is the first of its kind – a national museum and memorial to honor victims of lynching and racial terrorism during the decades following the end of slavery.
As followers of Jesus, we are called to learn more deeply about our history, journeying towards God’s liberation, justice and wholeness we must face our painful past. Facing the past allows wounds that have too often been forgotten and erased from our history to begin the process of healing. Journeying together as siblings in Christ, we will walk this road towards reconciliation in prayer and witness, inviting the Holy Spirit to empower us to action when we return.
Criteria for Participation
- Diversity of age (high school students are encouraged to apply), race, church membership and geographical location within the presbytery
- Commitment to attend a one-day training event one Saturday in September
- Commitment to read all assigned material
- Agreement to abide by a behavioral covenant based on mutual respect and self- awareness
- Agreement to travel on the bus to and from Montgomery. Group formation and feedback are an important part of this program and will take place on the bus.
Submit your Application Today!
- Download Flyer Here
- A $100 Registration fee is required, and must be submitted to the Presbytery Office, marked DRAP Deposit, either in person or via mail, to 1001 Craig Rd., Ste. 170, St. Louis, MO 63146.
- Donors who would like to contribute to the trip may do so by submitting donations directly to the Presbytery Office, marked DRAP Scholarship, either in person or via mail, to 1001 Craig Rd., Ste. 170, St. Louis, MO 63146.
- Forms and questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PLEASE NOTE: Submission of the application does not guarantee a seat on the bus. We are intentionally making an effort to have an inclusive and diverse group, and space is limited to 50 participants.
- REMEMBER – APPLICATION DEADLINE IS AUGUST 1, 2019!
Led by the Presbytery of Giddings-Lovejoy Dismantling Racism and Privilege Team. Youth programming coordinated by AMEN St. Louis.