The Presbytery will be praying each week for our churches throughout the year. Praying for one another is a way to show that God’s love extends to each and everyone of us, and by doing so we demonstrate that we are a community of people who genuinely care for one another. Each congregation is an important part of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and we pray that God’s blessings be with all of them this day and everyday.
For those under treatment for various health concerns:
- Rev. Bill Perman who had surgery to repair his Achilles Tendon on January 28.
- For the daughter of Rev.’s Carleton and Ellie Stock who has had a stroke and is now in recovery.
- Bridget Samuels for various health concerns
- Richard Layne, now residing at the Presbyterian Manor
- Steven Shaw who is recovering from serious injuries he suffered in an automobile accident.
- Mary Thornton, as she recovers from heart catheterization
- Rev. Paul Bembower, who is still recovering with heart concerns
- Rev. Tom Bass, taking treatments for cancer
- Jim Starks, recently diagnosed with cancer
- Wally Diboll, Westminster, as he was diagnosed with Lymphoma and undergoes treatments.
- Rev. Bart Brenner, HR, as he deals with his treatments for prostate cancer.
- For Kerry Downing, Rev. Wendy Downing’s brother,with heart valve issues stemming from carcinoid cancer.
- For Children of our Presbytery who are under care for health concerns
- all who battle RSV, flu and other viruses this winter
- all who battle physical challenges/limitations
- Joseph Cannel, infant diagnosed with MS
- Brayden Burcham with severe asthma
Prayers also for:
- For Rev. Jay Summerville in the loss of his mother, Jean Reycroft Summerville.
- For the Presbytery as we answer the call to become Matthew 25
- For church members of any congregation who are struggling in their journey of faith, both individually and corporately.
- For all the men and women serving in our military.
- For newly ordained and/or installed, as they begin to lead churches:
- Prayers for Projects of the Presbytery:
- Light for Darkness and Rev. Thirza Sayers, the mental health ministry of the Presbytery.
- UKirk Campus Ministry and Rev. Max Hill, in his new home and ministry within Giddings-Lovejoy.
- A Place of Grace and Pastor Julie Gvillo – a ministry of transformative wonder-filled healing
- Our Partners in Plan Grande #2 Nicaragua: Prayers for real and lasting peace in Nicaragua and especially for the young people from our “family” there who are considering trying to immigrate.
- Partners for Just Trade as they continue their work with Peru and Fair Trade.
- For Peace in North Korea, Libya, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, and around the globe.
- For an end to the raging fires in Australia
- For Safety and Healing for Puerto Rico from multiple earthquakes
Prayers in thanksgiving for their energy, strength, and peace
- For all of the servant ministries of our congregations
- For all those who fight on the front line for social justice and peace.
- For all of those in Presbyterian Disaster Assistance who work to help those impacted by hurricanes, floods, mud slides, tornadoes and drought.