The Presbytery will be praying each week for our churches throughout the year. Praying for one another is a way to show that God’s love extends to each and everyone of us, and by doing so we demonstrate that we are a community of people who genuinely care for one another. Each congregation is an important part of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and we pray that God’s blessings be with all of them this day and everyday.
For those under treatment for various health concerns:
- Mary Thornton, and for her husband Bob, their family, and medical personnel as she undergoes heart catheterization on August 1.
- Rev. Paul Bembower, who has had a heart attack and is in recovery, pray also for his wife Margaret as she is with Paul in this journey.
- Rev. Tom Bass, taking treatments for cancer
- Jim Starks, recently diagnosed with cancer
- Sarah and Kennedy Carnes, Kidney Transplant Surgery
- Wally Diboll, Westminster, as he was diagnosed with Lymphoma and undergoes treatments.
- Rev. Bart Brenner, HR, as he deals with his treatments for prostate cancer.
- For Kerry Downing, Rev. Wendy Downing’s brother,with heart valve issues stemming from carcinoid cancer.
Prayers also for:
- Please pray for the family and friends of Martha Gillespie, as well as the Cote Brilliante Presbyterian Church, as they mourn her passing.
- In thanksgiving for the birth of Leah Athena Henrion, daughter of Rev. Kathleen and David Henrion.
- For those impacted by tornadoes and flood waters, during this violent spring weather season.
- For all the men and women serving in our military.
- For newly ordained and/or installed, as they begin to lead churches:
- Prayers for Projects of the Presbytery:
- VBS Ministry in our churches this summer
- UKirk Campus Ministry and Rev. Miriam Foltz, as she begins a new journey as a Pastor at New Castle Presbyterian, and for the new Pastor, Max Hill in his new home of Giddings-Lovejoy.
- 2MIP and program director Tom McShane
- Our Partners in Plan Grande #2 Nicaragua: For the 6 members of our presbytery who are planning the trip to Nicaragua. As well as prayers for real and lasting peace in Nicaragua and especially for the young people from our “family” there who are considering trying to immigrate.
- Partners for Just Trade as they continue their work with Peru and Fair Trade.
- For Peace in North Korea, Libya, Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, and around the globe.
- Mound Ridge: as Summer Camp is upon them, for energy and great weather.
- Please pray our members in West, Kampsville, and Elm Street Presbyterian Churches as they transition into new church homes.
Prayers in thanksgiving for their energy, strength, and peace
- For all of the servant ministries of our congregations
- For all those who fight on the front line for social justice and peace.
- For all of those in Presbyterian Disaster Assistance who work to help those impacted by hurricanes, floods, mud slides, tornadoes and drought.