Please download to your mobile device or print and bring with you, as wifi is not guaranteed.
Gathering will include the Installation of
Rev. Dr. Craig M. Howard
Six Training Opportunities Offered at this Gathering
(approx. 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Treasurers, Finance Officers, Trustees – Discuss fiduciary duty, developing an investment policy for churches (including socially responsible investing), budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Deacons, Stephens Ministry, Compassionate Ministry: Visitation—How to engage in pastoral conversations with parishioners and their loved ones in hospital, skilled nursing, hospice, and home settings. Communication—How to navigate parishioners’ privacy according to HIPAA and clergy expectations. Dynamics Conversations—Explore how to facilitate engagement of parishioners’ grief and loss in various pastoral situations and life events. Review – Position description for Deacons in the Book of Order
- Ruling Elders – What it means to be a Ruling Elder in the 21st Century – What to expect from the workshop: The Book of Order names the order of ministry to which ruling elders are called, “the Ministry of Discernment and Governance” (G-2.03). Discuss the primary function of the ruling elder, discernment and governance. The will of the people, but rather the will of Christ. Should every ruling elder be a scholar of Scripture? What is the role of the ruling elder; spiritual function versus member of the board of directors. Is this the best we can do for Christ and his Church?”
- Pastors and Other Church Leaders – How to rethink ministry. Attend any you wish, or better yet, carpool and everyone go to a different one and share learning.
- Congregational Visioning – For congregations with 150 or more in worship. This session will focus on leveraging resources for ministry, visioning, and strategic planning.
- Congregational Enrichment – For congregations with 150 or less in worship but are stuck and need a gentle push. These churches will get a needed boost in their ministry.
- Congregational Rejuvenation -For congregations of 150 or less in worship and are trending downward and are seeking rejuvenation. These congregations have seen a downward slide in worship attendance and energy and are trying to regain a foothold.
Save The Date of Upcoming Gatherings!
- Saturday, May 4, 2019 at First Presbyterian Church, Cape Girardeau, Missouri
- Thursday, August 22, 2019 at First United & Westminster Presbyterian, Belleville, Illinois
- Saturday, November 9, 2019 at Washington Presbyterian Church, Washington, Missouri
- Thursday, February 6, 2020 – TBA
- Saturday, May 2, 2020 – TBA
- Thursday, August 27, 2020 – TBA
- Saturday, November 7, 2020 – Second Presbyterian Church, St. Louis, Missouri